Friday, February 26, 2010

Journal according to Mary Maloney after the police visits(Lamb to the Slaughter)

Wednesday- I have fooled the police. I went about the usual routine and I have used the grocer to be an alibi. I also did someting risky- I informed the police. This put me at a great advantage because they will never think it is me. I am in great distress now. The baby is only at the second trimester. What would I do? People will start asking if suddenly Patrick disappears from the outings with me.People will ask where he is, and one fine day the truth will not set me free. It will bind me to jail. I must get out of this place. I must make myself a totally new person. I must get away soon or else I will die, literally.

After an hour of consideration, I have made the decision. I will go to Europe and start life anew. Patrick still has a princely sum of money left behind, and I can go to Europe on that. I hope that I can get rid of this house soon, and leave. I will survive on my own with the child. I have to go to make preparations now.

1 comment:

  1. A bit short, but it does manage to capture the essence of everything.

    ReplyDelete